Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
STUDENT PARKING REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Registration will open back up in August for the 2023-2024 School Year.
ALL STUDENTS MUST REGISTER EVERY YEAR!
Registration for parking does not guarantee that a parking space will be issued. Parking spaces will not be issued for students with a learner’s permit.
Parking Tag Guidelines:
- Students are not allowed to share parking spots at Grand Oaks High School.
- Only Seniors, Juniors and Sophomores are allowed to register and park on campus. There are no exceptions for Freshmen. Seniors are given priority before the other grade levels.
- Students are not able to choose a parking spot. Parking spots will be assigned.
- After Spring Break, students can register for a parking spot at a discounted rate of $50 (If there are spots available). Students will not be able to request a parking spot after May 1, 2023 or all spots are filled up, whichever one comes first.
Parking Tag Requirements:
- CISD Parking Registration (See Parking Tag Registration below).
- Valid Texas driver’s license with a current local address.
- During registration, there will be a section that requires you to enter a driver’s license number. New Texas residents can legally drive with a valid, unexpired driver license from another U.S. state, U.S. territory, Canadian province, or qualifying country for up to 90 days after moving to Texas. Prior to the end of the 90 day grace period, a new Texas resident must apply for a Texas license in person at any driver license office to continue to drive legally. You must have your new Texas license by November 11, 2022 or you will lose your parking space. All current students should have valid Texas license since they are not new to our school.
- Proof of valid insurance listing the student’s name and all registered vehicles.
- A payment of $75.00 will be required. Checks (payable to Grand Oaks High School), exact cash, or payment through School Cash Online will be accepted.
- All outstanding fees and fines need to be cleared before a parking space will be issued.
- STUDENTS WITH PENDING DAEP OR EXPULSIONS FROM THE PREVIOUS SCHOOL YEAR WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR PARKING UNTIL THEY ARE RELEASED FROM PENDING DISCIPLINE CONSEQUENCES.
Parking Tag Registration:
Please read all three steps below before starting the registration process.
- During registration:
- You will view a presentation of the policies and guidelines for parking on campus. At the end, you will be instructed to take a quiz and score 80 or better to register your vehicle or vehicles.
- You may register up to four vehicles. All registered vehicles must be listed on your proof of insurance.
- Log in here by using your Conroe ISD username and password to begin registration:
- USERNAME: Generally, the 1st five (5) letters of your last name followed by the 1st three (3) letters of you first name. Example: smithcha for Charles Smith.
- PASSWORD: Generally, the most current password used to log in to SSO or stu followed by the six (6) digit student ID number. Example: stu123456
- All current students must have valid Texas Driver’s License – We will not accept out of state/country for current students if they have been in Texas over 90 days.
- Once you have registered, please click here to pay for your parking tag. You may also pay by cash or check at the school in the finance office.
Parking Tag Distribution:
- Students requesting a parking tag after the start of school must fill out an orange parking tag request form in room 2217, AP’s office, to receive a parking tag. Students will be notified when parking tag is ready for pick up. Tags are distributed each Monday afternoon through Tuesday afternoon. If the student’s request form is received after Tuesday, they will need to wait until the following week to receive their tag. During tag distribution, please make sure to bring the following items in order to receive the parking tag:
- Driver License
- Insurance card with student name on it (digital copy OK)
- Receipt for payment (digital copy OK)
2. Once you have an assigned spot and need to add/modify a car, please click here and submit the required information.